Imagery

Hey sis,

I know you’re pretty busy with college and all so I’m assuming that’s why you haven’t written back. Anyways, just wanted to tell you all about my trip to grandma’s new house. Once I stepped foot outside I immediately felt the sun rays beam on my skin. It felt so warm and fuzzy like the velvet plush blankets we have back at home. But girl, after 2 seconds I started to feel the sweat droplets form above my upper lip. Anywho, grandma picks me up from the airport and as we make our way back to her house, I notice the palm trees swaying and what seems like a neverending highway; then I see a sign that points to the direction of Disney World and I get so excited. So we reach the house, finally, and once I open the front door the smell of freshly cooked arroz con pollo fills my nostrils and my stomach started doing flips like the dolphins at Seaworld. I missed grandma’s cooking so much I know you do too. It’s a lot better than eating cup of noodles for dinner almost every night. Btw, grandma says that she misses you and hopes you visit soon. Omg then after dinner we go lay on her couch, yes she still keeps the clear plastic cover on it, the sound is super annoying like when that one person crumbles their paper so loudly the whole class turns. Yeah anyways, she starts to run her fingers through my hair and I can feel her long acrylic nails scratch all throughout my scalp omg the best. Then she starts to take all the knots out of my hair, this Florida humidity is not it sis. I know you would complain about it 24/7. So I ended up falling asleep on the couch and it was actually peaceful. No ambulance or police sirens, loud obnoxious people, or motorcycles roaring throughout the neighborhood. I’m not used to the silence but I can get used to it. I really wish you were here sis. Your family misses you. We’re also really proud of you. Love you! Talk soon. Hopefully..

Love,

Your little sis

One Response