Scene w/ Lien & Sweetness

I entered a 7-Eleven because I was looking for some coffee after such a long voyage.

I remember seeing a young lady trying to grab some donuts inside the donut case. I was waiting for her to finish because since ahe was pregnant I didn’t want to rush her and she was in the way of me getting to the coffee area.

Then a lady appeared from around the donut case and approached the young lady and told her, “you still haven’t decided in which donut you are going to get, its been 15 minutes already you know?”

The young lady replied saying, I can’t only think for myself, I also have to think for my child and how she feels.”

At this point since I was waiting to get by and didn’t want to get in the way of these ladies I kindly said, “Pardon me please.”

The lady told the younger girl, “For goodness sakes please let this lady pass by Lien.”

I tried to be quick because I was drained and had to get back to my husband. As I was choosing my coffee, the conversations between the two ladies continued on.

“Lien you know what, I will choose the donut for you,  have even chosen the baby’s father as well because if it was a white man you would have not been acting like this. You young girls nowadays don’t never know ehat you want in life.”

“Don’t you agree with me ma’am?”, the lady asked me.

I didn’t even know what to say nor wanted to get inlvolved. But to not seem as I was ignoring  the lady I said, “A human has different journeys and hopefully those journerys take us to the right route.” I actually thought about what I said and connected it to my life because I actually was lost at that specific moment.

The lady told Lien, “I hope your child isn’t like you”, and took grabbed hee to the check out.

I heard Lien say, Sweetness, I hope this donut is as sweet s your name nd not like you.”

One Response