Imagery Prompt: All of the FACES!

Her face looked confident and unsure at the same time. It seemed like her smile was saying “Come talk to me, I’m friendly… but don’t stay too long, I’ve got things to do.” Her eyes were the kind of blue that looks like droplets of water just landed on her face; clear and teary. The cracks on her thin lips, and the imminent crow’s feet wiggling their toes from the corner of her eyes, made her look like she knew something I didn’t. Her nose sat quietly on her face, the kind of nose so perfectly shaped it goes unnoticed. Light freckles dotted her skin, like the chia seeds she probably sprinkled all over the avocado toast she had for breakfast. There were no wrinkles on her face, but the slight striations spreading across her features created grooves over the light brown spots with no apparent regard for their place on her face. From afar, her hair just looked blonde. But if you looked closely, you would see a palette of gold and brown strands perfectly framing her round face. Calmly strumming each other, taking turns to feel the caress of the wind. The fingers resting on her neck caressed the lumpy stress that comes with a long day at work, but the almost imperceptible tilt of her mouth whispered “I’m going to be ok”.

One Response