Best Friends

Jonathan came bursting into my room. His eyes were frantic as he looked my way. I was frozen on my bed with my phone in my hand. He walked towards me in quick, wide steps.

“I can’t believe you would say something that is so hurtful!” he spat as he pointed at me. I rolled my eyes and sat back against my head board. My older brother was always so dramatic.

“What did I do now?” I asked curiously. “I’ve been in my room all day.”

“Did you or did you not speak to Jessica today?” he was staring at me closely. I placed my hand on my chin and pretended to think. His stare was making me uncomfortable but I ignored the feeling. He sighed and started pacing around my room. He walked back to me. “Let me see your phone.”

“What? No! It’s my phone. Why do you even care? So what if I spoke to Jessica, she’s my friend!” I stood up and kept my phone behind my because he was still eyeing the darn thing.

“Did you really have to tell her I wasn’t worth her time?” he cried.

I laughed, “Well are you?” He paused and took a step back. Looking into his eyes he looked a bit sad that I nearly reached out to touch him.

“But that’s really uncalled for Jenna,” he choked up. He shook his head when I didn’t respond. As he turned to walk out I grabbed his arm.

“Look,” I said slowly. “You’re right. I shouldn’t have said that. But, I was only looking out for my friend. Johnny, you’re my brother and I love you but it’s a bit weird that you’re trying to date my best friend especially when I’ve seen your track record. I live with you dude.”

He looked at me with understanding. He touched my shoulder softly and spoke quietly. “Did you really think I wouldn’t take things seriously with your best friend? Trust me I’m not trying to ruin your relationship with her. I’m just trying to build one with her. I serious about her Jenna. She makes me happy.”

I flicked his fingers from my shoulder. “Fine I’ll talk to her. Just don’t break her heart or I’ll crush yours,” I warned as I hopped back on my bed. He thanked me and smiled before walking out.

One Response