Dialogue

Leave me alone…. He replayed those words over and over in his head. Where did it go so wrong? They were laughing , for hours it seemed, and all he did was ask her one little question. One question that ruined it all…

Two hours before, Class had finished and everyone seemed to rush out. Jack couldn’t understand why, all anyone did these days was smoke up and pretend to have a life. The only two people left in the class were jack and Eve. As she packed her stuff into her book bag, she looked up at him and smiled. This was all the encouragement he needed, to finally get the chance to talk to her.

”Hey, eve. Wait up?”

She looked back and her thick eyebrows arched in surprise.

“ you know my name..? How… “

”I’ve been watching you…” as he said this he realized how creepy it would sound so he hurriedly went on “ I just meant I noticed your notebook had Harry Potter all over it along with what I assume is your name in hearts”.

She chuckled “ well sir your assumption is correct, and now I assume you share a love of Harry Potter as well…?

”Actually.. I kind of hate it”.

She gasped dramatically and put her hand to her chest “ I can’t believe you would say something so hurtful”

“oh I’m totally joking,” he raised his sleeve to show off his deathly hallows tattoo “been obsessed since forever”.

her eyes seemed to brighten up a bit “ jack Keats a fan of magic. Never would have guessed.”

”oh? And why’s that.i actually met the entire cast for the premiere of the last hallows”

”Jack, I will Avada your ass so fast if you’re lying!”.

“But that’s really uncalled for..” he said laughingly, and her expression only made him laugh that much harder.

”but seriously I did go, and actually I was wondering..”. he cleared his throat as her expression turned to stone, “ if you would want to come with me to this trivia thing tonight “.

As she responded her voice sounded lighter as if she was letting out air “ I would love to”

Jack was so excited that he didn’t even pause to think before he said “ Awesome. If your parents don’t mind, I’ll pick you up at 7?”.

Her face seemed to droop and her eyes glassed over “my parents.”

In realizing his mistake he began to say “ eve, I’m sorry I didn’t——

She threw her bag over her shoulder and started walking out. “ it’s fine. Just leave me alone”.

One Response