Dialogue

The silence was awkward. Julianne Sierra didn’t know how to speak to her daughter and truth be told, Aimee Sutton had no intention in speaking to her mother. 

“I’m really excited that you’re here with me. I think you’re really going to like Galena, Aims,” said Julianne, attempting to start a conversation. 

“I doubt that,” flashed Aimee before she began to lower herself more into the passenger seat, as if it would swallow her whole. 

Her new residence in Galena, Illinois was due to the death of her Father. He had been killed by a drunk driver no less than two weeks ago. Aimee still had yet to process his death, distracted by her whole world changing around her. Never in a million years would she have thought she would be living in a crappy town like Galena.

“Oh come on, it’ll be fun!’

“I doubt it. I guess when dad told you that I’ll live with you ‘over his dead body’ he really took it to heart” Aimee responded, and Julianne gasped .

“I can’t believe you would say something that is so hurtful.”

“Well I did. Besides, who is it going to hurt? My dad? He’s dead, Julianne.” 

“Aimee, I am not the enemy.” 

Aimee laughed darkly and pushed her hair behind her ear before responding. 

“So who is then? Because last time I checked you were the one who left dad and I back in New York to get re-married.”

“I didn’t leave you. My marriage between me and your father didn’t work.”

Aimee didn’t responed, allowing the car to once again fill up awkward silence.

One Response